Monday 6th July
Please find all additional resources attached below each post
Good morning Year 2.
English: What is a bear? Where do bears live? What do they eat? Finding answers to some of these key questions will ensure you are well prepared when you meet lots of bears this week! Some bears you may already know – perhaps from some of your favourite children’s books; others may be new to you. At the end of the week, you’ll have the opportunity to write your own story with a bear as its heart.
Maths: We will be using White Rose Maths videos and activities to learn about Measurements.
- Click on the following link https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
- Scroll to find the pink tab called Summer Term- Week 9.
- Find Lesson 1- Measure Length (cm)
- Watch the Video. At certain points it will ask you to pause and have a go. You should use your home learning book or paper to write your answers to the questions asked on the video. After you have watched all the video you can complete the worksheet attached below this post.
- Visit BBC Bitesize for more videos and activities for today’s lesson. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zcbwr2p
Topic: ART ATTACK! This week you will be getting arty and it is all about simple yet colourful artwork. In Year 1 you learnt about Pablo Picasso with Miss Sanders. This year you will learn about an artist who used to compete with Picasso but with a different style. An artist called Henri Matisse. Watch story about Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso. Work through the Lesson 1 PowerPoint to learn about Henri Matisse. Have a go at re-creating Henri Matisse’s artwork the Open Window. You can use any media you like (paints, crayons, felt tip pens, coloured pencils).