Good morning ladies and gentlemen,
Here are the learning tasks for today.
Watch Thursday's video - Lesson 4 - Translation
Then complete the worksheet attached above.
Extension task: On IXL complete the Year 6 Maths section AA.3 Reflection, rotation and translation
Read and enjoy the opening chapter, Keep Calm and Carry On from Letters from the Lighthouse by Emma Carroll, which is attached above.
Make a note of any new words you have learnt.
Write down what you think Olive’s thoughts and feelings are during these key points in the chapter.
1. Eating supper at home (pages 1-2)
2. Arriving at the cinema and watching the newsreel (pages 4-5)
3. Air-raid announcement – waiting for Sukie (pages 6-7)
4. Taken towards an air-raid shelter (pages 8-9)
5. Seeing Sukie and following her (pages 9-11)
6. Sukie talking to a stranger (page 12)
Make sure you give reasons for each of your answers based on what you have read.
An example answer for key point 1, ‘Eating supper at home’, may be:
I think Olive doesn’t like the food she is having for tea because she says it is that bad that ‘it’s a wonder we’re still alive’. However, she feels she has to eat it because she says ‘no-one chucks food away with a war on’.
On the website above, complete the lesson about electrical circuits. This follows on for yesterday's lesson (Lesson 2).