Thursday 9th July
Good morning Year 2.
English: Please refer to Day 4 on the Lancashire weekly plan for this week’s English.
Maths: Today we will learn about comparing mass.
- Click on the following link https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
- Scroll to find the pink tab called Summer Term- Week 9.
- Find Lesson 4- Compare Mass
- Watch the Video. At certain points it will ask you to pause and have a go. You should use your home learning book or paper to write your answers to the questions asked on the video. After you have watched all the video you can complete the worksheet attached below this post.
- Visit the BBC Bitesize website for more videos and activities about today’s lesson. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zpgtjsg
Topic: Today you will learn about two of Henri Matisse’s final pieces of artwork. One was a huge stained glass window in a chapel called Vence’s Chapelle Du Rosaire in France. The other was called Les Bêtes De La Mer (1950) Beasts of the sea. Watch the video story below called Matisse The King of Colour. Next look at Lesson 4 PowerPoint to observe his final master pieces. You could create your own underwater artwork using Beasts of the Sea as your inspiration.