Tuesday 7th July
Good morning Year 2.
English: Please refer to Day 2 on the Lancashire weekly plan. I have downloaded and attached The Bear and the Piano, Goldilocks and Just the One Bear and Rabbit and Bear – A Bite in the Night below this post.
Maths: Today we will be comparing lengths.
- Click on the following link https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
- Scroll to find the pink tab called Summer Term- Week 9.
- Find Lesson 2- Comparing Length
- Watch the Video. At certain points it will ask you to pause and have a go. You should use your home learning book or paper to write your answers to the questions asked on the video. After you have watched all the video you can complete the worksheet attached below this post.
- Visit the BBC Bitesize website for more videos and activities about today’s lesson. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z9dp7yc
Topic: Watch the video clip called Art with Dala and Mati- Henri Matisse attached below. Henri Matisse is famous for painting with scissors. Explain to an adult what this means. Open up lesson 2 PowerPoint. Take a look at some of Henri Matisse paper cut out artwork. Watch the video called Cut Outs which shows real images of his artwork. Look at some of his artwork on the last page. Have a go at creating your own artwork using coloured paper and scissors. Remember it is easy to make changes if you want to overlap shapes or move them.