Follow this link to revise suffixes we have been recapping. Use the 'study' learn' 'games' test' tabs at the top of the page.
We have been working a lot on different methods for mental calculation.
- subtraction: counting back on a number line by partitioning ie 176 - 35 = (take 5 then 30)
- subtraction: counting forwards on a number line because the numbers are close together ie 178- 145 is the same as 148+ ??= 178
- subtraction and addition: in our heads or 100 square by noticing that only one column will change ie 145-30=
- subtraction and addition: using known facts ie number bonds to 10, 20, 50 or 100
- addition: partitioning 156 + 43 = (156+ 3 then + 40)
This week's homework is the game attached below. However if you don't have a printer you can simply just choose a page and write the answers. I've uploaded those pages to Seesaw so that if you choose to do it like this you can write the answers on the page you choose.