Wednesday 8th July
Good morning Year 2.
English: Please refer to Day 3 on the Lancashire weekly plan for this week’s English. I have downloaded and attached A Bear Called Paddington below. You will read some today and the rest tomorrow.
Maths: Today we will be applying + - x ÷ calculations to solve length problems. Remember to look for maths words that tell us which type of calculation to do e.g. together means +. Difference means -.
- Click on the following link https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
- Scroll to find the pink tab called Summer Term- Week 9.
- Find Lesson 3- Four operations with length
- Watch the Video. At certain points it will ask you to pause and have a go. You should use your home learning book or paper to write your answers to the questions asked on the video. After you have watched all the video you can complete the worksheet attached below this post.
- Visit the BBC Bitesize website for more videos and activities about today’s lesson. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zdfq4xs
Topic: Today you will learn about a famous piece called Icarus. Work through Lesson 3 PowerPoint, discussing the ideas with an adult. Have a go at creating your own version of Icarus.